Subject: Newbie Question
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Marc Bathgate <njfm@bathgate.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/05/2002 17:37:46
Forgive my ignorance, but I could use a little help here...

I finally managed to get 1.5.2 up and running on a PowerBook 3400c. However,
I am stuck in sh (actually, I've tried ksh and csh and there doesn't seem to
be a difference) and I can't manage to edit rc.conf. So every time I boot
the machine, I am dropped into single user mode (because rc.conf remains
"unconfigured"), and nothing seems to work.

If I attempt to edit rc.conf, or anything else with that matter, I am
confronted w/this error:

ed: /tmp/ed.00012a: Read-only file system

With every attempt, the number (logically) ticks up.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Man doesn't work, and I'm out of
ideas.

Thanks in advance!

--
Marc S. Bathgate