Subject: Re: getting debugging messages from ums.c? more than three buttons in
To: Derek Peschel <dpeschel@eskimo.com>
From: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/03/2002 12:50:40
Derek Peschel wrote:

> What's the correct way to define the USB_DEBUG option?  Does "options
> USB_DEBUG" in the config file work?  I am currently editing the Makefile by
> hand (since "CPPFLAGS="-DUSB_DEBUG" in the conf file doesn't work.)

options USB_DEBUG

I'm not sure why you want to do this.  You don't have to turn on debugging for
normal use of the mouse.

> How can I get ums.c to print debugging messages?  I've turned on USB_DEBUG
> and set the debug level and edited /etc/syslog.conf but nothing appears.
> They come from ukbd.c but not ums.c.

Set the umsdebug variable to non-zero.  You can edit the source, or use gdb on
the kernel binary, or ddb when it's running.

> Does X support more than 3 buttons these days?

Yes.

> Anyone know how our X
> talks to the mouse?  (I assume it goes through wscons.)

Yes.

> Does X support
> Z events (scroll wheels)?

Yes, in a way.  You typically map the Z axis movement to (virtual) button clicks
and then handle these buttons via the resources.

    -- Lennart