Subject: Re: tlp0 vs de0 again
To: Michael Wolfson <mw@blobulent.com>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/03/2002 04:58:28
--TybLhxa8M7aNoW+V

On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 08:13:12PM -0800, Michael Wolfson wrote:
> Actually, my understanding was that the built-in ethernet on the 601, 603,
> and 604 systems was MACE, the Beige G3s had BMAC, then everything after
> that had GMAC.  I think some PowerBooks (like the 3400/3500) had a tulip
> chip.
>=20
> I don't think there are many models that had tulip on-board.  Even the
> Apple Network Server models shipped with MACE ethernet, and tulip as an
> add-on PCI card.

Umm... I am certain that I've had beige PowerMacs do this wonky
match tlp, then boot with de routine.

Maybe I'm thinking of my fleet of 6500s? I have no PowerPC laptops,
and I couldn't have completely hallucinated encountering this
problem. :^>

You're right about 7x00s being mc (MACE), of course. (Well, the 7500
sitting across the room anyway. The other 7x00s I've got around are
a five minute drive on a cold, cold morning away, but I trust you.)

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net

--TybLhxa8M7aNoW+V