Subject: getting debugging messages from ums.c? more than three buttons in X?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Derek Peschel <dpeschel@eskimo.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/02/2002 19:15:33
I just bought a shiny new five-button Kensington mouse.  I want to remap
some of the buttons.  So here are some questions:

What's the correct way to define the USB_DEBUG option?  Does "options
USB_DEBUG" in the config file work?  I am currently editing the Makefile by
hand (since "CPPFLAGS="-DUSB_DEBUG" in the conf file doesn't work.)

How can I get ums.c to print debugging messages?  I've turned on USB_DEBUG
and set the debug level and edited /etc/syslog.conf but nothing appears.
They come from ukbd.c but not ums.c.

Does X support more than 3 buttons these days?  Anyone know how our X
talks to the mouse?  (I assume it goes through wscons.)  Does X support
Z events (scroll wheels)?

As I said in my other post, the NetBSD support for this mouse will
probably determine whether I like it or want to return it.

Thanks,

-- Derek