Subject: boot problems
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: None <ruben2@mac.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/02/2002 01:07:26
Hi, it's me again, sorry to bring 5 booting problems back after a few
days of unfortunate trials on my G4 450 AGP (one disk):

1. I have taken the scsi card out: it doesn't change anything to my
difficulties, but shall I be able to put it back when I'll have netbsd
running?

2. I can't have my OF screen displaying the data step by step: I get
only the last lines, what feeds the height of my screen actually. Is
there a way to correct this ?

3. In the beginning, netbsd boot seems ok though there's a lot of test
for devices. It worsen in the following way:

 > wkbd0 at uhub2 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0
 > wkbd0 : ALCOR macally, rev 1.00/1.00 addr3, icalss 3/1
 > wkbd1 at wkbd=: console keyboard, using wdisplay0
 > whub2 device problem, disabling port 2

(I don't seem to get this if I take the mouse away)

4. And finally :
 > boot device wd0
 > root on wd0a dumps on wd0b
 > no file system for wd0 (dev 0xa00)
 > cannot mount root, error 79

5. Then I get successively:

 > root device (default wd0a):
[any key = panic]
 > dump device (default wd0b):
[any key = panic]
 > file system (default generic) :
[any key = panic]

but I can't enter anything since the first touch to my keyboard produces
uncontrolled series of:

 > ohci_intr: ignored interrupt while poling
 > ohci_intr: ignored interrupt while poling
 > ohci_intr: ignored interrupt while poling

to return (by chance) to point 5 before I disconnect.

I also had this message a few times (was it only before taking out the
scsi card?):

 > ahc0: Someone reset channel A

My owfboot.xcf and netbsd.GENERIC.gz are on an HFS partition with OS9 as
well as the NetBSD Sets folder. I have an A/UX root partition big enough
to host the whole of NetBSD . And other HFS+ partitions as well.

Thank you in advance