Subject: Re: Is the kernel designed to return?
To: Derek Peschel <dpeschel@eskimo.com>
From: Laurent de Segur <ldesegur@mac.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/30/2001 10:47:08
Derek,

I may be wrong about NetBSD as I don't know too much about the boot
loader on this system, but in general, OF code is been unmapped from
memory (by calling quiesce method) and therefore unaccessible as soon as
it has been used to do the bootstrap job. This I get not so much for
saving memory but ultimately for security purpose.

LdS