Subject: Re: tlp0 vs de0 again
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw@costello.cnf.cornell.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/30/2001 01:23:18
On Sat, 29 Dec 2001, Todd Vierling wrote:

> Please do it.  I can't test such a kernel beyond cross-compiling it, at
> least until I manage to get my hands on a cheap and not-so-big macppc.
> (Still working on that one.)

OK, it seems that the difference between gzip'ed 1.5.3_ALPHA INSTALL with
de+tlp (minus TLP_MATCH) and gzip'ed 1.5.3_ALPHA INSTALL with tlp (plus
TLP_MATCH) is 17214 bytes.

Is there enough room on the boot floppy for another 17 KB?  Otherwise, can
you think of any way we could get sysinst to create the correct
ifconfig.[de|tlp]0 file?

Unfortunately, neither of these will boot my PowerBook (FireWire), so I'll
have to get them onto my PowerMacintosh 7300 to test.

  -- MW