Subject: Re: tlp0 vs de0 again
To: Michael Wolfson <mw@blobulent.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/29/2001 15:18:31
On Sat, 29 Dec 2001, Michael Wolfson wrote:

: :)With the 1.5.2 boot floppy I was able to install through the tlp0
: :)device.
:
: This PR is ancient (port-macppc/10779).  I have only one tlp device (an
: Asante PCI card), but of no one who knows more on this topic does nothing,
: I *will* change netbsd-1-5 GENERIC to default to tlp with all the TLP_MATCH
: options.

Eek, you really want pain, don't you?  8-)

It's not recommended, at least not yet, to use tlp for many of those chips.
Many off-brand tulip cards (read: "anything you buy at a local retail shop
for <$20 that isn't a rtk") has horrendous problems with our current
implementation of "tlp".

If anything, the INSTALL* kernels should include "de" and *not* have the
TLP_MATCH_* options set.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support -- http://www.wasabisystems.com/