Subject: Re: couple more questions
To: None <kevdig@rcn.com>
From: paulbeard <paulbeard@mac.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/28/2001 13:45:06
on 12/28/01 10:53 AM, Kevin Diggs at kevdig@rcn.com had this to say:

> What kind of monitor do you use? If it is a PC monitor with one of those
> adapters try some of the other settings. I think having these things set wrong
> will cause OF to drop back to serial. Just a thought.

You're starting to make me feel bad :-) I feel like I've joined a club just
to complain about it. This problem is unfortunately specific to NetBSD as
far as I can tell, since both Mac OS X and LinuxPPC can use the same
hardware as a serial console.

The dmesg text about the I/O layer being "glued" -- which I am missing in my
dmesg -- seems to be telling me something. I just don't know what to try to
see what can be done.

we know the card is OF-aware, and that it can be a serial console for other
UNIX-type OSes. The monitor is a 15 inch Magnavox-badged Trinitron, works
flawlessly.