Subject: Re: How does the asm interface to OF work? I need to enhance it
To: port-macppc@netbsd.org <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/28/2001 14:00:23
On Fri, 28 Dec 2001, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> Oh yes, of course. And I agree that should happen. I meant the
> "knowing how many return values you'll have ahead of time" part
> being hard to fix. (It's not like you can just pull some printf()

I don't know much about OpenFirmware, and I don't know anything about
the openfirmware() routine, but... :) Is openfirmware() limited to
executing a single Forth word? Or can it execute a small routine? Seems
like instead of just running find by itself, you could run a routine
that would do the find, check to see if the result was 0, and if so,
push a dummy value onto the stack. That way, you'd always have two items
on the stack.
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 26 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++