Subject: Re: X configuration and booting into MacOS problems
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Egeness <brianfe@ameritech.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/20/2001 17:17:24
Thanks for the fast reply. You've solved two of my issues!!! BootVars fixed
the booting back into MacOS issue! It worked like a dream! Muchos gracias,
Michael!! One more to go....for now! hehe (see original post for garbled X
window issue)

> OK, I'll admit to the FAQ, and I'm in the process of rejointing it, but I
> really felt the INSTALL docs were pretty solid if you followed the step of
> "print out the INSTALL notes and cross off stuff not pertaining to your
> configuration".

Where should I look for docs on my garbled X window problem? The INSTALL
docs ARE indeed solid! I got 1.5.2 up and running relatively quick but I
still have the X window problem. I just can't seem to find many
troubleshooting docs with regard to a garbled X window, video card settings
and how they may cause/relate to my issue. But given the immense size of
documentation and user responses on NetBSD.org I'm sure it's just that I
haven't found them yet. Please don't take offense. You've done a fantastic
job putting all of this together!!! Just my frustration talking! :) I've
been trying to solve this issue for a week now and need help.

tia,

brian