Subject: Re: so how does LinuxPPC do this?
To: None <kevdig@rcn.com>
From: paul beard <paulbeard@mac.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/20/2001 02:55:04
On Thursday 20 December 2001 10:03 am, Kevin Diggs opined:
> When you boot MacOS with this system, what do you see on the screen before
> it starts MacOS. For example my 8600 shows the cross hatch background. I
> suspect this is comming from OF (something the AAPL,ROM writes there using
> OF support before the OS starts). After MacOS has begun booting, it
> switches to the funny background with the faces.

yes, I see the gray background as the system looks for a bootable disk.

My question really goes back to the fact that OS X and linuxppc can see this
card and write to it, whether it's thru OF or not, and if so how can I make
netbsd see it the same way? I'm not optimistic I'll be able to use this
system fully without some kind of video.

I'm actually reinstalling netbsd from scratch right now: the partitions were
whacked. I'll see what happens next. I still can't figure out why my scanner
seems to be invisible now.
--
Paul Beard
8040 27th Ave NE

For the first time we have a weapon that nobody has used for thirty years.
This gives me great hope for the human race.
		-- Harlan Ellison