Subject: so how does LinuxPPC do this?
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: paul beard <paulbeard@mac.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/20/2001 09:39:12
Somehow my linuxPPC install CD can find and use the video card I have been
struggling with. Does this dmesg output give any clues as to what I need to
try in netbsd?

MacOS display is /bandit/ATY,mach64
Using unsupported 640x480 ATY,mach64 at 81800200, depth=16, pitch=1280
Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 80x30
fb0: Open Firmware frame buffer device on /bandit/ATY,mach64

tried /bandit/ATY,mach64, no difference.

fb0 is new to me, though. how is the frame buffer used in netBSD?
--
Paul Beard
8040 27th Ave NE

Will you loan me $20.00 and only give me ten of it?
That way, you will owe me ten, and I'll owe you ten, and we'll be even!