Subject: Re: The continuing saga of the 9500 and OF
To: None <paulbeard@mac.com>
From: Kevin Diggs <kevdig@rcn.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/19/2001 09:09:40
Paul,

    I checked last night and I am using:

    output-device    pci1/@d

as my setting in the 9600. It works with both the IMS twin turbo and a 3dfx 5500
(in the same slot). I am using the upper most slot (closest to the cpu).

    I also discovered some interesting things. I thought these two commands did
essentially the same thing:

    dev pci1/@d
    " pci1/@d" select-dev

However, the first works with the imstt while the second either:

    causes the monitor to go to sleep (DPMS), or

    the open fails???

                    kevin