Subject: Re: Unable to netboot G3 (blue and white) NetBSD 1.5.2
To: Michael Wolfson <mw@costello.cnf.cornell.edu>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/18/2001 11:12:18
On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Michael Wolfson wrote:

> Funny y'all should mention this.  I was working on the Diskless HOW-TO
> (now that I figured you need to explicitly mention ofwboot.xcf
> "boot enet:,\ofwboot.xcf" to get older PCI PowerMacs to netboot), and
> noticed that my PowerBook (FireWire) no longer netboots now that I've
> upgraded it to BootROM 4.1.8.

Oh, I can netboot my system with "boot enet". This is an OF 2.0 system. My
dhcpd.conf has:

host tanis {
        fixed-address 10.0.0.2;
        hardware ethernet 00:05:02:4e:49:3d;
        filename "ofwboot.xcf";
        next-server 10.0.0.1;
        server-name "10.0.0.1";
        option root-path "/y5/mount";
        option host-name "tanis";
}
host tanis {
        fixed-address 10.0.0.2;
        hardware ethernet 00:05:02:4e:49:3d;
        filename "ofwboot.xcf";
        next-server 10.0.0.1;
        server-name "10.0.0.1";
        option root-path "/y5/mount";
        option host-name "tanis";
}

It will tftp ofwboot.xcf, which will then boot "netbsd" off of the nfs
mount "/y5/mount" from server 10.0.0.1.

Take care,

Bill