Subject: Re: NetBSD Package system on MacOS 10.1
To: pw <woodpk@mindspring.com>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/18/2001 09:09:42
Standard /usr/bin/make on Darwin is GNU make. (Hey, I'm only the bearer
of bad news). What you have to do is use the bootstrap kit (I posted the
URL earlier) to bring up NetBSD's make (the bsdmake in /usr/bin in Darwin
does not have the smarts to handle the pkgsrc Makefiles), install digest,
and the package tools for you.

You probably missed my mail from October, so I'll repeat it now.
Please note that there's a newer bootstrap kit now:
darwin-bootstrap-20011104.tar.gz, and that you should use a pkgsrc
which is up to date as of 11pm 17th December 2001.