Subject: Re: NetBSD Package system on MacOS 10.1
To: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/17/2001 23:56:14
I took a look through the pkg PR database, and found the following
PRs from you:

PR 8117 (doesn't seem to be for Solaris)
PR 8701 (doesn't seem to be for Solaris)
PR 9369 (doesn't seem to be for Solaris)
PR 10626 (doesn't seem to be for Solaris)
PR 10736 (doesn't seem to be for Solaris)
PR 11252 (Zoularis bootstrap problem)
PR 11490 (doesn't seem to be for Solaris)
PR 11640 (Xaw3d problem on Solaris)
PR 12946 (doesn't seem to be for Solaris)
PR 12995 (doesn't seem to be for Solaris)
PR 13909 (xemacs problem on Solaris)
PR 14339 (doesn't seem to be for Solaris)

My apologies for the problems you seemed to have experienced using
pkgsrc on Solaris - but 3 reported problems on a new venture for
us (supporting pkgsrc on a completely different platform to NetBSD)
does not sound like it's that bad, and certainly not worth the
"second class citizens" pejorative that was used.

Regards,
Alistair