Subject: Re: NetBSD Package system on MacOS 10.1
To: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
From: Chris Pinnock <cjep@fawlty.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/17/2001 22:29:00
On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 10:51:01PM +0100, Hauke Fath wrote:
> Well, since you asked for it: Because Darwin, Solaris and friends will
> always be second class citizens within the NetBSD pkg world? Always playing
> catchup, being fixed if and when a NetBSD developer "finds the time"?

Quite a lot of development on NetBSD is done when developers find the
time -- that is due to NetBSD being a volunteer-based project. Recently,
several developers have spent time getting pkgsrc to work better on
Solaris, Darwin and Linux. If anyone wants pkgsrc to work on other
operating systems and is prepared to put in the effort, then I'm sure it
won't be dismissed by anyone.

(I guess for pkgsrc NetBSD will always be priority -- after all, it is
"the NetBSD packages collection".)

best wishes,
--
Chris

(Incidently, speaking for myself, not the NetBSD project.)