Subject: Re: NetBSD Package system on MacOS 10.1
To: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/17/2001 22:51:01
At 21:53 Uhr +0100 17.12.2001, Alistair Crooks wrote:
>On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 12:31:58PM -0500, Chris Coleman wrote:
>> The openpackages.org project is working on taking pkgsrc to Mac OS X among
>> other things.  The project has been a bit quiet since milestone 2, but
>> there should be a flurry of development over christmas breat.
>
>And this "work" would entail ... what, exactly? Simple packages can
>already be built on Darwin using pkgsrc, and there is support in
>pkgsrc for Apple's dylibs.
>
>Quite why another effort is needed is beyond me.

Well, since you asked for it: Because Darwin, Solaris and friends will
always be second class citizens within the NetBSD pkg world? Always playing
catchup, being fixed if and when a NetBSD developer "finds the time"?

This is not at all intended to be a flamebait, mind you, but simply what I
learned in running Zoularis for a year.

	hauke

--
/~\ The ASCII	                   "Those who are willing to sacrifice
\ / Ribbon Campaign                 essential liberties for a little order