Subject: Re: NetBSD Package system on MacOS 10.1
To: paul beard <paulbeard@mac.com>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/17/2001 12:50:38
On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 09:18:35AM -0800, paul beard wrote:
> On Monday 17 December 2001 06:38 am, Manuel Bouyer opined:
> > Well, the compiler may not be the same, which can change a lot of
> > things :)
>
> They are the same thing.
>
> (paul@pink)-(09:17 AM / Mon Dec 17)
> [/Users/paul]:: uname -a
> Darwin pink 5.1 Darwin Kernel Version 5.1: Tue Oct 30 00:06:34 PST 2001;
> root:xnu/xnu-201.5.obj~1/RELEASE_PPC  Power Macintosh powerpc

This doesn't say anything about what compiler was used to build the system.
In point of fact, I don't believe that Apple uses gcc to build their shipped
binaries; at least not most of them.  They'd have to be fools to do so, since
gcc is pretty much the worst powerpc compiler you can get and they have
access to much better ones.