Subject: Re: Important: changes to INSTALL/FAQ regarding load-base
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Makoto Fujiwara <makoto@ki.nu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/17/2001 07:29:36
mw> This has been leading to frustration among users trying to use Open
mw> Firmware 1 or 2 systems to load ofwboot.xcf from ISO 9660 or MS-DOS
mw> filesystems, or from ethernet.

Thanks Michael, always.
My question is: When this problem arises ?
OK:
  OF 1/2 normal boot
         netbsd.macppc CDROM boot (officially supplied iso fs)
         boot.fs ( floppy disk)
  OF 3   any situation
BAD:
  OF 1/2
   and
  personally created media
   and
  MSDOS fs or ISO 9660 stuff or network boot
   and
  try to reading the file ofwboot.xcf at first

If above is true, is it clear by reading the above statement
quoted ?
(The condition stated is also true for the case with OK:, isn't it?.
I am afraid I'm the only guy can't read properly. )
---
Makoto Fujiwara
http://www.ki.nu/software/NetBSD/iBook2/