Subject: Re: more on the 9500
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: paul beard <paulbeard@mac.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/16/2001 14:43:16
On Saturday 15 December 2001 10:51 pm, Kevin Diggs opined:
> Also in order to be usable from OF it has to have an OF
> ROM. It is a MAC video card, right? Do something like:
>
>     " pci1" select-dev ls unselect-dev
>     " pci2" select-dev ls unselect-dev
>
> to figure out which bus your video card is on. Then use the address on the
> bus (the "D" above) to specify the device.

OK, this is getting confusing. I moved the card from D to C (up one slot) or
so I thought. Now it appears on pci1, not 2 as before, and in slot F.

2 > " pci1" select-dev ls unselect-dev
FF832998: /gc@10
FF832DD0:   /53c94@10000
FF834658:     /sd@0,0
FF835288:     /st@0,0
FF835F00:   /mace@11000
FF836D78:   /escc@13000
FF836ED0:     /ch-a@13020
FF837580:     /ch-b@13000
FF837C30:   /awacs@14000
FF837D18:   /swim3@15000
FF838E20:   /via-cuda@16000
FF8399B0:     /adb@0,0
FF839AA0:       /keyboard@0,0
FF83A1F0:       /mouse@1,0
FF83A2A0:     /pram@0,0
FF83A350:     /rtc@0,0
FF83A818:     /power-mgt@0,0
FF83A938:   /mesh@18000
FF83C4A0:     /sd@0,0
FF83D0D0:     /st@0,0
FF83DDD8:   /nvram@1D000
FF83FB78: /pci106b,1@B
FF83FD50: /pci1045,c861@E
FF840048: /ATY,mach64@F

So I'll use that address and see what happens.

pci2 now shows just this.

0 > " pci2" select-dev ls unselect-dev
FF848670: /pci106b,1@B
 ok

--
Paul Beard
8040 27th Ave NE

"Being disintegrated makes me ve-ry an-gry!" <huff, huff>