Subject: more on the 9500
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: paul beard <paulbeard@mac.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/14/2001 23:22:42
So I somehow got the 9500/120 (actually, it's a 233 now) to boot and it seems
to run OK. A whole lot of trial and guess . . .

don't know how many times I tried this: it just worked once and I haven't
looked back.

boot-device         scsi-int/sd@0:0     /AAPL,ROM

I compiled and installed a new kernel from 1.5.3-ALPHA sources and that seems
to be happy.

I am still having trouble working out how to get video to work.

This doesn't do it.

output-device       /ATY,mach64@D       ttya

I have a PCI video card on slot D (4th from the top), and I have tried
specifying the PCI device name (/bandit@F4000000) as well. No joy. screen
doesn't work, either (but we knew that).

anything I should look for in a dev / ls listing?
--
Paul Beard
8040 27th Ave NE

Last night I met upon the stair