Subject: RE: Kernel Panic
To: 'Anonymous' <merkurie@m-net.arbornet.org>
From: Cliff Neighbors <cliff@allegronetworks.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/14/2001 12:07:08
cause of EXC_MCHK (0x200) "Machine Check" is PPC implementation-specific.
for 7400, 7410 it would be useful if trap() shows the value in SRR1;
for 7450 (and 7451) I think there is another register MSSSR0
that captures the cause.

we have seen these on G4's where SRR1 indicates
TEA "Transaction Error Acknowledge" -- basically a bus error.
Smells like flakey HW?

	-cliff-

---
cliff neighbors