Subject: Re: method <`usb-kbd-ihandle> not found;
To: Anonymous <merkurie@m-net.arbornet.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/13/2001 03:04:54
--ulDeV4rPMk/y39in

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 08:32:53PM -0500, Anonymous wrote:
> Hello, I am trying to install NetBSD on a new iBook (late 2001). I boot to
> OpenFirmware, and with a CD burned from the 1.5.2 ISO, it boots, and loads
> the kernel, and starts the boot program but my keyboard doesn't work, I
> can't type anything. At the bottom of the screen is this message:
>=20
> method <`usb-kbd-ihandle> not found; ihandle=3Dffbc90c0 phandle=3Dff930d98
> method <`usb-kbd-ihandle> not found; ihandle=3Dffbc90c0 phandle=3Dff930d98
>=20

This is in the process of being resolved in -current. Hopefully a
pull-up can happen. See:

  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2001/12/10/0023.html

and the thread starting with:

  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-macppc/2001/11/02/0012.html

and continuing for most of November for more details.

(In short: this is really Apple's fault, but we've got no choice but
to try to work around it.)

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net