Subject: Re: XFree 4.01 & GeForce 2MX
To: None <paul@macmaverick.net>
From: Ulrich Habel <uhabel@macbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/11/2001 07:52:57
"Paul B. Lorah" <paul@macmaverick.net> writes:

> I've got bad news regarding XFree -- versions 4+ will not build on
> NetBSD/macppc -- the 4.01 snapshot you downloaded has a comprehensive
> set a patches on it to build which will not work with newer versions.  I
> have found myself in a similar situation with the "ati" driver -- I need
> RADEON support which was not added to XF until 4.1 much like your Nvida
> card.  Someone posted new experimental patches for XF 4.1 to the list a
> month back or so, they did not work for me, probably because I have an
> Apple LCD which uses the ADC connector.  What kind of monitor are you using?

Hi Paul,

Thankx for your reply. This will make things more different. I have seen
the post with the patches (hope to find 'em again in the archives). I use
a 21' crt monitor with the card and I think there is a slightly chance
of success. I will keep the list informed about the success or failure
of building XFree 4.1 - if someone can help - help is appreciated.

Yours,

Uli

--
Ulrich Habel