Subject: Re: 8600/200 won't boot. revised
To: Michael Thompson <m_thompson@ids.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/06/2001 21:23:25
On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 08:56:28PM -0500, Michael Thompson wrote:
> I gave up on booting from disk and setup diskless boot from a NetBSD
> server. Now it says:

I never got enet to boot on my OFW 1.0.5 8500.

> >It starts in OpenFirmware on the console. If I "boot scsi-int/sd@0:0" it
> >moves the cursor one space to the right and hangs.

...and never comes back?  Hmmm...  Is your disk jumpered to spin up
automatically?  Are you sure the bus is properly terminated?

I'm not sure what else it might be, off-hand.  I'm running off
scsi/sd@0:0 and it's working fine, but after a cold boot, I need
to "boot" twice--the first one spins the drive up, and the second
actually boots.  I believe theres an nvramrc fix for that which I
lost when I zapped the PRAM once.  :-)

I will also note that if I halt and get back to OFW, I get a "CLAIM
failed" when I try to boot.  That's fixed by a "three-finger-salute"
reset.

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD dev. for _your_ Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SH3, Sparc, x86, etc...