Subject: Re: 8600/200 won't boot
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Troup <simon.troup@digitalmusicart.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/06/2001 15:50:36
> It starts in OpenFirmware on the console. If I "boot scsi-int/sd@0:0" it
> moves the cursor one space to the right and hangs.

This is exactly what happened to me the other day when trying to boot from
CD Rom ISO. In the end I wrote a boot floppy (in my case with apple disk
copy) and booted using ...

boot fd:0

... worked first time, and was a lot easier than trying to boot from the ISO
(I'm not sure I burnt the ISO 100% correctly, but after floppy boot the
whole experience seemed a lot less picky about formats). If you boot from
floppy you can still use the ISO CD you burned for the binary installs.

Hope that helps, I'm no expert but this is just what worked for me.

Regards

Simon Troup