Subject: Re: any UNIXish mice or keyboards for USB Macintoshes?
To: Derek Peschel <dpeschel@eskimo.com>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/01/2001 03:18:13
--0eh6TmSyL6TZE2Uz

On Sat, Dec 01, 2001 at 12:01:14AM -0800, Derek Peschel wrote:
> Teletype keyboards generally have the Control key near the A (I know the
> model 33 does), and they were the first devices to use ASCII, roughly
> in the early '60s.  I don't know who moved the Control key down to the
> bottom.

Control on the way lower left (where it hurts to reach for it) is a
Windows (3.1) manifestation, to the best of my knowledge. Which is
dumb, because even in Windows, you want control more than you want
caps.

I guess it's *really* an MS Word manifestation.

::sigh::

(Recall, as I pointed out, that there ARE Apple keyboards with
control where it belongs. All the Apple II keyboards, for instance.)

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net

--0eh6TmSyL6TZE2Uz