Subject: any UNIXish mice or keyboards for USB Macintoshes?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Derek Peschel <dpeschel@eskimo.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/30/2001 19:27:49
I got the mouse and keyboard that came with my machine (G4 tower, only
supports USB -- no ADB).

Ideally I'd like a mouse that's exactly the same as the one I have now
(black/clear color scheme, optical, requires no special mouse pad)
except that it has three buttons.

And I'd like a keyboard that's exactly the same as the one I have now
(black/clear color scheme, 108 keys) except that it has n-key rollover
(I think that's the term -- I want to be able to press and release any
number of keys and have the event be correctly sent to the computer)
and the control key is next to the A.

I know I can remap the control key.  I've already done it (but not in X,
and not in the MacOS).  I figure if I'm buying a new keyboard I might as
well get correctly-labeled keys and a correctly-placed LED. :)

BTW, I've already done some tests (with debug messages from the keyboard
driver) and my current keyboard does not have n-key rollover.

Before I hit Apple's Web site and the mail-order catalogs, does anyone
already know if those devices exist?

Thanks,

-- Derek