Subject: Re: OF Version String
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/30/2001 14:21:11
--cyV/sMl4KAhiehtf

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 11:11:28AM -0800, Henry B. Hotz wrote:
> You can get the OF version from "dev /openprom .properties" and=20
> looking at the model entry.  I've gotten:
> Open Firmware, 1.0.5		on a PowerMac 7500
> Open Firmware, 2.0.1		on a PowerBook G3 Series (PDQ)
> Open Firmware 3			on a 450 MHz G4 tower (AGP Graphics)
>=20
> Give or take commas and dot-revs it's the same on all OF versions.
>=20
> I don't know why this was important, but someone said it was.

It means we can do that in machdep.c, parse the output, then dtrt
wrt (whee!) `usb-kbd-handle[s]. Maybe. Presuming we can issue dev
listing requests from machdep.c and get results intelligibly.

I'll scrap together a patch if no one beats me to it... just as soon
as I figure out why the headers on my '94 Jetta just started
clicking loudly. (My thought: not good.)

Anyway, thanks for the cluebat...

--=20
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net

--cyV/sMl4KAhiehtf