Subject: Book recommendations
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Troup <simon.troup@digitalmusicart.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/29/2001 17:55:36
Any book recommendations for a newbie? There doesn't seem to be any books
specific to NetBSD (that I can find anyway, a couple specific to freeBSD but
I've no idea if they're relevant) although there are a few unix books. I'm
looking for something with a little more distance than the "Unix for
complete dorks" series, something that starts at the beginning but goes on
to give a pretty thorough treatment. I'm interested in all the usual
aspects, admin, day to day use, internet (www, email, dns), networking. Also
a little background history if such a tome exists, I don't care if it's the
size of the yellow pages.

Thanks in advance

ST