Subject: Re: XF86Config?
To: Wojciech Janio <wojtek@janio.net>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/26/2001 18:48:17
--PWfwoUCx3AFJRUBq

On Thu, Nov 22, 2001 at 06:50:42PM +0100, Wojciech Janio wrote:
> this maybe a very stupid question, but...
> Where is XF86Config (or any other X11 configuration file) located in this=
 NetBSD distibution??=20
> I'm asking because I haven't found it where it always was (/etc/XF86Confi=
g or /usr/X11R6/lib/X11)
> My X is working just fine, but it wanted to change the color depth and th=
en I came across this=20
> small problem.

In short:

1. You're not using XF86, you're using Xmacppc, an internally
maintained X11 server.

2. You can't change the color depth.

3. You *could* be running XF86 4, provided you've got sufficient
video hardware.

4. You almost definitely want to read:
     http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/macppc/x11.html

Cheers...

--=20
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net

PS,

5. What, text mode on the OF console isn't good enough for ya? Don't
like that 2400 baud feel? ;^>

--PWfwoUCx3AFJRUBq

--PWfwoUCx3AFJRUBq--