Subject: Re: tlp0 or de0 (Re: Installing NetBSD on PowerBook 3400c)
To: Makoto Fujiwara <makoto@ki.nu>
From: S Lafredo <slafredo@yahoo.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/23/2001 06:42:12
During the NetBSD installation if I select the Utilities menu and then
network. I was asked to configure tlp0. If I tried to configure de0 the
program could not find it. I also was unable to use this menu b/c I
could not find documentation or examples that showed answers for ALL
the prompts. Also what does this menu accomplish? Does it create the
ifconfig.aa0 files, etc?

When I boot and tried to configure de0 and tlp0 w/no luck. I have also
bought some UNIX Sys Admin books w/help on FreeBSD that did not help. I
also brought the computer into work and had a SUN Sys Admin, Network
guys, etc look at the computer all said the correct information was
configured and _should_ work.

There is something very simple that we are missing on these PB which is
stopping them from working correctly.

Thanks.