Subject: Re: headless Performa and NetBSD
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Hergan <jeff@praeclara.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/12/2001 20:31:37
OK.  I reinstalled OS9 on the laptop which I'm running ZTerm on now.
I've made the serial connection to the Performa and the OpenFirmware
output is not coming to the laptop from the Performa--good.

I want to do an ftp install.

But when I eneter the network settings, it keeps telling me that either
the nameserver or the gateway can't be reached by a ping.

I am positive the network settings are correct.  I tried a secondary and
tertiary nameserver.  That didn't work.

The device for the network card is tlp0 and it's a Farralon card which
has worked with earlier versions of NetBSD.

Any thoughts on what might be wrong?

Thanks for the input.

Jeff