Subject: headless Performa and NetBSD
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Hergan <jeff@praeclara.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/12/2001 16:26:02
I have NetBSD running (well, I will in a few minutes) on a Powerbook G3
Series 266 machine (no USB or FW)

I also have a Performa 6360 that can run NetBSD headless.

Is there a way to do the install from the NetBSD laptop machine onto the
Performa?
If I had MacOS on the laptop, I could manage the install by simply
installing ZTerm on the laptop and connecting the Performa to the serial
port of my laptop.

But can I do a similar thing with NetBSd software running on the laptop?
Is there something like ZTerm for NetBSD that will let me connect to....

ohh...wait...NetBSD doesn't _support_ serial, does it???

Any other possibilities?

Thanks,
Jeff