Subject: Re: Are there any known problems with uvm or pmap in -current as of about Oct. 16?
To: Xavier HUMBERT <xavier@xavhome.fr.eu.org>
From: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/31/2001 09:22:48
if a kernel from 2 or 3 weeks ago worked for you, then you could
check out the sources from a month ago and build a kernel from that tree.
see the "-D" option to cvs checkout or cvs update.

when I update a machine with a -current kernel, I always save the
most recent kernel or two that worked well so that I have something
to fall back on if the new one has problems.  you really ought to be
doing this too if you're going to be running -current on production machines.

-Chuck