Subject: Re: Are there any known problems with uvm or pmap in -current as of about Oct. 16?
To: Monroe Williams <monroe@criticalpath.com>
From: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/31/2001 09:05:42
matt's fixing the problems as he figures them out, but this one remaining
bug that we know of appears to be pretty tricky.  unfortunately I think
you're right about -current macppc kernels not being reliable enough for
heavy loads at the moment.  I think the new pmap is more stable than the
old one, but there's at least one bug in the new one that people are
hitting more often than you'd be comfortable with.

-Chuck