Subject: Re: Are there any known problems with uvm or pmap in -current as of about Oct. 16?
To: Chuck Silvers , NetBSD-ppc <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Xavier HUMBERT <xavier@xavhome.fr.eu.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/31/2001 13:14:04
In message <20011026200311.A20715@spathi.chuq.com>,
Chuck Silvers wrote:

>if you haven't had any problems with the old pmap, don't switch to the new one.
>these pmap bugs are the sort that seem to only affect some people and not
>others.  I've never had any problems with either pmap myself, but then
>I don't do much with my powermac.

Well, it used to work reliably since, approx 2/3 weeks. Something
changed, but what? And how to get a NetBSD box that prevents me to get
back to the office on Sunday ?

Downgrading to 1.5.2 is not an answer, while since 1.5. is out, i use
-current, sometimes had compile problem, but never had stabitilty
problems.

I used to say (and that was true) that a -current NetBSD is more stabhle
than a release Linux.

--
Xavier HUMBERT  -  Systemes et Reseaux     |     labo-info@injep.fr
INJEP                                      |     humbert@injep.fr