Subject: Installation on c600
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: J. P. Schaaf <jpschaaf@yahoo.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/30/2001 10:42:24
I have spent many hours over the past two days trying to install to my old
c600 (603e) machine.  I can access the open firmware via the screen/kbd, and
have done so.  I have tried to boot from a burned CD, and a floppy.  Both
give me messages about 'partition not found using 0 claim failed'.  At any
rate, I re-read the installation notes and noticed that when the message
claim failed appears, it can be a good idea to use zterm and access the open
firmware that way.  I haven't done this because I need to haul another
computer to my dorm room to do this, and it is going to be a while before
that can happen.  The installation notes also mention unplugging the CD-ROM,
I have tried that without success.

At any rate, I'm wondering if somebody has actually made one of these
machines work.  Before I invest too much time into the project I want to
make certain it is possible.  Also, this particular box does not have an ATA
hard drive, everything is SCSI.