Subject: Re: Some Help Debugging lpd with MacOS 9 printing.
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Roger Fischer <rogerf1@mac.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/26/2001 18:30:27
Looks like you got it all working, but here's what I did.

I've got my Epson Stylus Color 800 connected to my Unix box.
Since I've got Netatalk running, I setup papd on my unix box.
papd shares my unix printer on the network as an appletalk printer.

On MacOS It shows up in the Chooser when I click the Laserwriter icon.

The /etc/atalk/papd.conf file states the name of the printer to share on the
network, and then pipes it to my the unix printer.  I think I got the ppd file
from adobe's web site.  I can't remember right now.
- roger

--
#/etc/atalk/papd.conf
stc800_360:\