Subject: Re: Configuring dhcpclient?
To: S Lafredo <slafredo@yahoo.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/21/2001 09:07:22
On Tue, 16 Oct 2001, S Lafredo wrote:

> see below...

First off, are you sure there is a dhcp server out there?

> --- "IvanK." <chepati@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > dhclient=YES                     # behave as a DHCP client
> > dhclient_flags="de0"
> >
> > Also, make sure you have a line that says:
> >
> > auto_ifconfig=YES
>
> This is what I had originally. It still does not work?

No, something else is not working. You don't need an auto_ifconfig=YES
line - that is the default value.

> > I'm using 1.5.2
>
> So am I.
>
> > inet IP_NUMBER netmask NETMASK.  Example:
> >
> > inet 192.168.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.0
>
> This caused the boot process to throw out a ton of messages before and
> after dhclient attempts all saying...
>
> inet: not found

Where exactly did you add those lines? They should go in ifconfig_de0 *if
you are not using dhclient*. IOn your response, you trimmed the part of
the message which says where they go.

> > Restart /etc/rc.d/network to activate the interfaces.
>
> Not sure what you mean by this?

type "/etc/rc.d/network restart"

Take care,

Bill