Subject: Re: kernel build problem (and workaround)
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Martin J. Laubach <mjl@emsi.priv.at>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/21/2001 12:20:36
|  To make it build, I had to add the following line to my kernel config
|  file:
|
|  pseudo-device   wsmux           1
|
|  Did I miss something, or is the kernel build currently broken on macppc?

  That's correct. However, just adding that does not seem to be
sufficient, I'm unable to get any keyboard in X. I also added the
"mux n" to the wskbd and wsmouse config statements, as in the i386
GENERIC config file, now I get that during boot:

> ukbd0 at uhub2 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0
> ukbd0: Mitsumi Electric Apple Extended USB Keyboard, rev 1.10/1.22,
>		addr 3, iclass 3/1
> wskbd0 at ukbd0 (mux 1 ignored for console): console keyboard,
>		using wsdisplay0
> uhid0 at uhub2 port 1 configuration 1 interface 1
> uhid0: Mitsumi Electric Apple Extended USB Keyboard, rev 1.10/1.22,
>		addr 3, iclass 3/0
> ums0 at uhub2 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0
> ums0: Logitech USB Mouse, rev 1.10/6.10, addr 4, iclass 3/1
> ums0: 4 buttons and Z dir.
> wsmouse0 at ums0 mux 0

  Using /dev/wskbd0 for X gives "Device busy", using /dev/wskbd
gives no input.

  Painted into a corner, I guess.

	mjl