Subject: Re: Gigabit Ethernet support on gmac?
To: Monroe Williams <monroe@criticalpath.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/15/2001 17:30:47
On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, Monroe Williams wrote:
> I don't know anything about writing Ethernet drivers.  How difficult would
> it be to add support for Gigabit?  Would it need to go in the gmac driver or
> in ukphy?

While I haven't actually tried it, -current seems to have a driver for
the PHY: brgphy. It's not in the 1.5 branch though, and I don't know
what it'd take to make it work in 1.5.x.
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 25 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++