Subject: mesh timeout/uvm rv panic on current
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: John D. Smerdon <jds@smerdon.livonia.mi.us>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/14/2001 20:55:54
I am running 1.5Y from about Oct 10 sources on a 7300.  The system
has hung a couple times from:

  mesh0: timeout state 3
  mesh: resetting dma

It has also stopped with:

  panic: kernel diagnostic assertion "rv" failed:
    file "../../../../uvm/uvm_pager_i.h", line 64

I though that someone reported the mesh timeout in the mailing lists but I
have been unable to find it again.

So has anyone else seen these problems?

Also, the RSS sizes in a `ps aux` or the RES column in `top` seem excessive.
On a system with 96MB physical memory, it would report several hundred MB
resident after being up a couple of weeks.  Since the machine has recently
rebooted, it will be a couple weeks before the resident sizes are large
again and I can provide a sample.

--
John D. Smerdon;  Livonia, Michigan, USA;  Contents are my opinion.
Home: jds@smerdon.livonia.mi.us http://www.smerdon.org/