Subject: Re: startup chime?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Kevin Diggs <kevdig@rcn.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/08/2001 10:06:55
Hi,

    Yeah, it works. I had to rearrange the memory to get it to stop slowly
trashing active filesystems. The nominal bus speed for these beasts is 50 MHz
so 46.7 is slower than normal. It appears that all of my non-apple memory is
crap and won't run reliably at 50 MHz. These PowerLogix cards let you crank
the bus speed all the way to 60 (52.5, 55, & 60). Neither my 8600 (originally
a 604e@300) nor the 9600 (started out life as a 604@200 x 2) will even take
52.5. Anybody else have one of these things with a cpu upgrade that they were
able to run above spec?

                    kevin