Subject: Booting - what's the magic?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Donald Lee <donlee@icompute.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/07/2001 11:47:58
I have a specific need to restore a machine from tape, and then
be able to use it.  When I restore the root partition, and
then try to boot, it doesn't work.

I recall a command installboot(8), but it has no man page on macppc.
Is this the mechanism to restore this partition to bootability?
Why does restoring the filesystem cause me to get OF errors?
(DEFAULT CATCH code BLAHBLAH)

I thought that the bootloader resided in "special" partitions not
visible to the normal tools.

I'm OF 1.0.5, Pmac 7600, NetBSD 1.5 and boot command (that works after
a real install) is boot scsi-int/sd@0:0

I did not do the newfs that restore(8) suggests, but only a "rm -rf"
on the FS.

Do tell.

Thanks,

-dgl-