Subject: changing qwerty to dvorak on NetBSD...
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Nikolas Varrone <nik@temple.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/01/2001 12:09:50
	This may seem an odd and unnecessary question but here goes. I am accostomed to typing with a dvorak keyset through the macOS on my ibook (recently updated to running NetBSD 1.5.1) the default for NetBSD is the QWERTY keyset but I don't know how to change that. I was looking through man pages that contained some info about the keyboard and while reading the man page for wskbd I found that there was the file /usr/include/dev/wscons/wsksymdef.h that defined all of the keystrokes. I think that if I simply change this file then I could use the dvorak keyset that I am used to. Is this notion correct?
For example instead of the line

#define KS_S		0x53

it would be

#define KS_O		0x53

and so on for the complete substitution of keys...  I notice at the bottom of the file there is a section that looks like the following ...

#define KB_VARTAB \

among many other keysets one line reads...

	{ KB_DVORAK,	"dvorak" }, \

	Does anyone know what this means? Is there perhaps a much simpler method that I am overlooking?