Subject: Starmax with pci vid card
To: NetBSD/macppc list <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Cameron <hiryu@21andover.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/23/2001 14:27:22
I'm about to install NetBSD on my starmax 4000/200.

I used the bootvars program to set my input device to kbd and my output
to "screen".

Yay! It works! One problem, I have a pci video card, a matrrox millenium
II, and the open firmware comes up on the builtin ati card. Anyone know
how I can set the openfirmware to look to my offboard card?

If there's no way (I doubt that but it's possible) then I guess I could
just use the onboard card, I don't plan on running a GUI on this thing
anyway, but I'd rather use the pci card if I can.

If anyone's curious, I have not yet tried to install yet, I want to see
what I can do about this small open firmware issue.

I'm running open firmware version 2.0.2 BTW.

Thanks in advance.

-Cameron