Subject: Asant=?ISO-8859-1?B?6Q==?=FAST 590
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Rob Gridley <rob@mhzdesign.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/19/2001 10:54:58
I'm not sure whether this email should be directed to port-macppc or not?!

I have an Asant=E9FAST 590 card which uses a Tulip II chipset. The older ones
which you list as being supported use a Digital chipset, as I'm sure you
know. I was able to get the new card working... sort of...

I changed the following line in the kernel conf and recompiled on my Power
Mac 8600:

tlp*        at cardbus? dev ? function ?    # DECchip 21143

to...

tlp*        at pci? dev ? function ?    # DECchip 21143

It works, but it tends to be very flakey. Is there any support planned for
this card in the future? I can donate a card if you need one to test.

Cheers!
--=20

                        Rob Gridley  |  416.626.1777
              Systems Administrator  |  rob@mhzdesign.com